Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Friday, September 17, 2010

Early morning thoughts

Before the sun wakes ups this morning, in the depths of a deep slumber, I am awaken by the needs of our littlest princess...as I get up to attend to those needs, I find I am pleasantly refreshed from such a good nights sleep. As the little princess settles back in, the older princess awakes with needs of her own that need to be met. I tell her to close her eyes and try to sleep some more- it is early. She says, "But Mommy, there's horses out there." I look out to the field and she is right, there are three beautiful horses out there. She continues to watch them from her window, mesmerized. I realize it is time to begin my day and start the coffee as the older princess settles in to meet the needs of the little pup :)

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:24

As I fix my coffee, I stare at the horses, seeing their beauty, their strength. I realize how amazing the God of creation is - how skilled, how creative...from a tiny little bird like a hummingbird or a microscopic organism; the very blood in our bodies to this beautiful animal outside my home.

The air is misty, the sun not yet up. Hardly a sound to be heard, I quietly open up the door to see them better. There are three, dark brown, muscles rippling as they move to find better selection of greens for breakfast. The leader hears a sound or decides it is time to head back home, wherever that is, and moves down the drive to the main road. The others sense him moving on and they begin to follow. He waits for them in the main road, as they make their way to him. They stop once or twice in the path to the road, greet their leader, then the three begin their journey home together, as a unit, with the leader slightly in front.

I read and reflect on God's holy word, the only way to begin my day. The Lord reveals to me my need for Him, my need to be obedient to him, and my proper place in my relationship with him. Just as the three horses were together as a unit, the two followed the leader. I wait upon my Leader, my God, my Savior, my Counselor.

I read about Mary, the mother of Jesus. I read about her encounter with her Son and the moment she understands her need for Him as her Savior and the moment their relationship changes from that merely of mother and son, to that of a sinful woman needing to be cleansed by the One who can, Jesus Christ, the Messiah.

Mary, upon realizing this, responds in complete obedience. (John 2; 2:3-5)

As I think about the horses as they obediently followed their leader, as well as Mary and how she followed her leader, her son, Jesus, I pray today that I always obediently follow my Savior, Jesus.

The day has begun, the sounds of neighbors beginning their day, getting ready for work and school, birds and animals waking and singing praises of their Creator...I smile in praise of the God who was, the God who is and the God who is to come!

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD." Psalm 150:6

No comments: