Pages

1 Corinthians 3:4-9

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

1 Corinthians 3:4-9


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This is the day!

"This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it." Psalm 118:24

We have a special family tradition that we hold to each time a member of our family has a birthday. We start the day by serenading the birthday person with the song:

"This is the day, This is the day;
That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice, We will rejoice;
And be glad in it, And be glad in it.

This is the day that the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day,
that the Lord has made."

I am so thankful for my family and this morning I rejoice that He has made this day! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful way to start the day! I loved hearing about your name, but I'm sure you can teach your Costa Rican friends to say Brooke :)

Hugs to you,
Sara

The McClain's said...

Thanks Sara. And yes, some have learned how to say it correctly, but most say it Brut' and I have not yet learned to like responding 'Brut' :) So, I shortened it to 'Rut.' And I always explain what my real name is in an introduction :) It works :) Have a wonderful day!